Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
40 Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
*This is a stand-alone 40hr Training.
*RYTs who would like to register with Yoga Alliance as a RPYT see 85hr details below.
DATE: 2022, Dates TBA
TIME: Sat/Sun, 8am-5pm NT *4 days + assignments
LOCATION: Yoga Kula Co-op, 286 Torbay Road, St. John’s or Live Stream from anywhere.
INVESTMENT: $600+hst ($690) CAD. $200 deposit required upon registration.
REGISTRATION: Complete the registration form by clicking the link below. Then submit your payment via Interac eTransfer to Payments@ShaktiYoga.ca
*Payment enrolls the registrant for the session dates and times listed only. It is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once your payment has secured your space other people may be turned away from this session.
85 Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
There are two options for this 85 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training
- Intensive ($1200 CAD). In-person and live-stream option. Dates TBA or contact Bobby@ShaktiYogaMethod.com to host this program in your area.
- Module Format (Each Module Paid Separately for a total of $1200 CAD). This option includes four separate modules. The 40 Hour Lecture Series (Four Day Training), The Shakti Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (Two Day Training), Two 12 week prenatal topic plus Asana sessions (24 classes in total-in-person/live stream). A number of reading and home teaching assignments are also assigned. Contact Bobby@ShaktiYogaMethod.com for upcoming dates and specific certification requirements.
This Training is For
- Childbirth professionals working with pregnant women who wish to complement their professional work. This would include doulas, midwives, nurses, doctors, childbirth educators, acupuncturists, physiotherapists, massage therapists, therapists, etc.
- Pregnant women who would like to deepen their understanding of prenatal wellness, optimize their experience of pregnancy and develop skills to create a peaceful and yes, even Enjoyable birth experience.
- Anyone looking to deepen their knowledge of prenatal yoga & birth preparation.
- Teachers of yoga who want to deepen their understanding of the prenatal experience and develop confidence teaching prenatal classes.
- Those who want to become a RPYT Those interested in registering with Yoga Alliance as a RPYT may do additional yoga nidra and practical modules to reach the 85 hour requirements.
About this Training
The Shakti prenatal Teacher Training presents a teaching philosophy that recognizes the multifaceted needs of expectant mothers. Participants learn to utilize asana, pranayama, meditation, visualization, birth education topics, and birth stories to prepare mothers physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for pregnancy, birth and motherhood. This training provides:
- Comprehensive Manual
- Prenatal Yoga Nidra Scripts and MP3s
- Prenatal yoga benefits and precautions
- Anatomy & physiology of pregnancy
- Approaches for supporting emotional changes during pregnancy
- Considerations for each trimester
- Common prenatal conditions
- Asana for specific pregnancy discomforts and birth preparation
- Asana for early labour and to promote optimal baby position
- Vinyasa, gentle, and restorative approaches.
- Using props and modifications in a prenatal class
- Chakras; Pregnancy and the energetic body
- Sequences for prenatal yoga classes & how to create your own
- Practical teaching and assisting experience
- Ongoing mentoring support
- Pranayama for pregnancy and birth.
- Visualization and meditations for expectant mothers
- Mantra and affirmations for prenatal mothers
- Language analysis and usage for prenatal classes
- Specific cues, breaths, and movement to direct the nervous system.
- Incorporating birth education into prenatal yoga classes
- Using birth stories to prepare and empower
- Prenatal partner yoga.
- Birth education for couples
- Teaching comfort techniques for labor
- Stages of labour and delivery
- Pelvic floor anatomy
- Postnatal core and diastasis recti considerations
- Pelvic floor recovery exercises and myths
- Postnatal recovery asana and precautions
- Approaches to support physical, mental, emotional postpartum needs
- Mantra, affirmations and nidras for postpartum coping and healing
- Incorporating baby into yoga recovery
- Class sequences for mom and baby classes
About the Instructor
Bobby Bessey, B.Sc., E-RYT 500, RPYT, Doula CD(DONA), HBCE (HypnoBirthing Educator) is the creator and director of Shakti Yoga Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training and co-director of Yoga Teacher Training Newfoundland & Labrador, both Yoga Alliance registered teacher trainings.
Bobby specializes in prenatal yoga classes and birth education. After years of yoga study and instruction Bobby became pregnant with her first son and immediately recognized the profound impact that a yoga practice can have on prenatal health and well-being. In addition to over a decade of instructing prenatal and postnatal yoga classes, Bobby is a birth doula, HypnoBirthing instructor, registered prenatal yoga instructor (RYPT), and a mother of two. Bobby draws on a background of yoga instruction, birth support, and hypnosis-based birth education to create a training that provides participants with a multi-faceted approach to supporting mothers-to-be. She enjoys combining her love of anatomy and physiology with the spiritual aspects of pregnancy and birth for an informational and balanced prenatal perspective. Her passion for making pregnancy and birth the enjoyable and sacred experience it is meant to be is conveyed in her joyous approach to teaching prenatal, birth and motherhood related classes.