200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Shakti Yoga Method 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
*Now Taking Registration for Jan 2022 Session. In-person or live stream from your home.
Training Schedule & Dates
This 200hr, Yoga Alliance Registered program takes place over the course of one year. It is comprised of 10 weekend intensives to be completed in sequential order. Participants meet once per month (except in July and August) for a full weekend of study and practice. Each weekend consists of Friday evening, and full days Saturday and Sunday. Meetings are in-person in St. John’s, NL but virtual attendance via Zoom is possible. Each training weekend will follow the schedule below (subject to change):
TIME: Fri 7:00-9:30pm, Sat 8:00am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-5:00pm (NDT)
DATES: Fri Start DatesWeekend start dates for the 2022 program are as follows: Jan 28, Feb 25, Mar 25, April 29, May 27, June 24, Sep 9, Sep 30, Nov 4, & Dec 2. There are no weekend intensives scheduled for July and August. During this time participants will complete homework assignments, observe senior teachers’ classes and do practice teaching. See bios below.
INSTRUCTORS: Bobby Bessey B.Sc., RYT 500, RPYT, CD(DONA), is the lead teacher for this program. Bobby has been instructing yoga teacher training programs, both in St. John’s and internationally, for over a decade. Her training style combines physiological, energetic, and traditional yoga perspectives. Selected topics are introduced by guest instructors who are skilled and experienced in the areas they instruct.
LOCATION: This program takes place at Yoga Kula Co-op, Torbay Road, St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada. Live stream participation is also an option for all or some of the weekends via Zoom. All graduates are able to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT if desired upon completion of this program.
*If covid requires studio closure all registrants will study live stream until we are able to return to in-person classes.
Program fees are $2950 A portion of the above fee becomes a $500 deposit that is collected when you submit your application. This application fee must be paid via cheque or email transfer and submitted with your application. Once your application and application fee have been received we will review your application and contact you soon after. Contact Bobby@ShaktiYogaMethod.com for application from *Your email transfer will not be deposited unless your application is approved.
Contact Bobby@ShaktiYogaMethod.com for more information or to hold your space in this limited space training. Continue reading for more details.
Who is This Program For?
- People who want to teach yoga
- Teachers of yoga who want to deepen their understanding and experience of teaching or who wish to become Yoga Alliance Certified
- Serious students wishing to deepen their practice
- Anybody involved in healthcare or education with the desire to compliment their professional work with the vast wisdom of yoga and pass on the benefits of this ancient practice to their clients, patients or students.
- Yoga asana, pranayama and meditation (personal practice, theory and techniques)
- History of Yoga, ancient to modern
- Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Teaching methodology (preparing to teach, sequencing, observation, assisting, demonstration, use of props, and more)
- Subtle body theory
- Yoga for specific populations and conditions (prenatal yoga, yoga therapy)
- Teaching ethics and the business of teaching yoga
- Asana clinic (learn to teach all major categories of yoga asana and apply through practice teaching)
Investment: $2950 CAD. A portion of this fee is collected as a non-refundable application fee of $500 when you submit your application.
Graduates will receive a certificate showing they have successfully completed this 200-hour Yoga Alliance approved course. Graduates may then register with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level and use the Yoga Alliance RYT designation.
Bobby Bessey, B.Sc., RYT 500, RPYT, CD (DONA)
Bobby has been a teacher and student of yoga for over 20 years. She has studied in numerous yoga traditions within Canada, and has spent extended periods of time studying yoga in both India and Japan. Her love of the powerful spiritual energy of India continues to call her back regularly to deepen her practice. In addition to the Shakti Yoga Method 200 hour yoga teacher training Bobby co-teaches the Yoga Teacher Training Newfoundland and Labrador with Meaghan Burridge, and is the creator of the 85hr Shakti Prenatal Yoga YTT, Ayurvedic Yoga TT, and Yoga Nidra Teacher TT. She instructs these programs both locally and internationally. Her Hatha, Yin, Prenatal, Postnatal classes, yoga workshops, and birth preparation sessions are held throughout the year in St. John’s, NL, Canada. In teaching yoga she aims to share the life altering impact that yoga has had in her own life.
- have been practicing yoga for at least one year
- have a regular yoga practice
- attend classes regularly and/or have a regular home practice
- have an interest in all aspects of yoga including philosophy, pranayama and meditation
- be in good health (physical and mental) so as to fully participate in the rigorous training schedule, however please contact us if you have a specific condition that might impact on the asana portion of your training. We have accommodated pregnant yogi trainees, those with arthritic conditions, seniors and more. Yoga is for everyone and our training goal is to mentor our trainees to accommodate every body and mind in their classes.
- Contact Bobby@ShaktiYogaMethod.com if you would like clarification on any of the above pre-requisites.
Applicants may be asked to participate in an application interview before acceptance to the program.
I learned that there is no perfect yoga pose, or that I have to be able to do every yoga pose perfectly, to share the love of yoga with others. I guess they helped me let go of ego and judgement of myself and others. I learned that I am enough just the way I am. I deeply value our weekends together and do miss them.