Birth Preparation Workshop
Birth Preparation for Expectant Parents
About this Workshop
Each session will introduce birth education topics, birth videos, and practical labour support techniques. This is a bonding workshop for moms, dads & birth supports to build skills, confidence, and enhance the connections of your growing family. Both parents, and birth supports will leave this workshop feeling confident and empowered as birthing day approaches!
- Birth videos will be shown to illustrate various birthing positions and to fully prepare both parents for the birthing experience.
- We will practice lots of hands-on birth support massage, touch, and cues for the birth partner to add to their birth partner tool box.
- Rephrasing birth language. Ways to speak to a birthing momma that keeps her in para-sympathetic NS relaxation.
- Birth Partners will get a thorough list of things they can do to support momma during birth. *Have them bring a notebook
- Birth plan pros and cons, and things to consider adding (or leaving out).
- Local hospital routines, including Covid-19 regulations, will be covered.
- Things to put in your birthing bag.
- Early birthing at home suggestions.
- Post birth considerations.
- Because this session is interactive the topics are also influenced by the questions asked as we move through.